Accounts Payable Specialist
ReShape Lifesciences Inc. is America’s premier weight-loss solutions company, offering an integrated portfolio of proven products and services that manage and treat obesity and metabolic disease. Our team is driven by a passion to help patients learn how to make long-term healthy living a part of their everyday lives. Our portfolio includes the FDA-approved Lap-Band® program, the investigational ReShape Vest™ System and the recently launched reshapecare™ virtual health coaching program.
Join us as we partner with clinicians to implement our innovative, non-invasive weight loss procedure and one-on-one support that helps inspire patients on their journey towards successful, long-lasting weight loss.
We are located in beautiful San Clemente, California, and offer a hybrid work environment.
ReShape Lifesciences has a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing team. This role is responsible for full-cycle Accounts Payable. The responsibilities include entering invoices, vouching valid payables for payment, processing a weekly check run, researching PO/invoice issues and following up on uninvoiced receipts. He/She will also be responsible for ensuring a timely and accurate close for the AP function each month.
A great fit would be someone who is very organized, proactive and able to multi-task effectively while working as part of an inter-departmental team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Processes accounts payable invoices validating quantities, prices, extensions, discounts, charges and allowances. Ensures proper approval of invoice payment.
- Reconciles receiving and price related discrepancies with vendors and/or Inventory and Purchasing departments.
- Maintains current and accurate records related to accounts payable such as vendor terms, special purchase order instructions and guidelines.
- Documents vendor numbers and calculates due dates for assigned vendor invoices.
- Communicates with Purchasing regarding inquiries and issues related to purchase orders. Communicates with Inventory regarding payable and receiving issues.
- Responsible for all written and oral communication regarding payments and charges related to assigned vendors.
- Reviews and resolves post-payment purchase order adjustments. Resolves unfavorable discrepancies at month-end.
- Researches and processes credit memos and re-bills for assigned vendors.
- Reconciles vendor statements to ensure timely payment of outstanding invoices and resolution of discrepancies.
- Responds to phone calls, e-mails and facsimiles, providing information to internal and external callers regarding payment of invoices, status of invoice, etc. Forwards or escalates inquiry as necessary.
- Assists management with activities such as resolution of non-routine problem solving, research of payment discrepancies and employee training.
- Reconciles agings against the general ledger for month-end.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in AP or similar Accounting Experience
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Start-up company experience a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Hybrid work environment
- Business casual dress code
- Corporate-sponsored virtual team building events
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- FSAs, HSAs, long-term and short-term disability
- 401(k) plan
- Employee assistance plan (EAP)