Area Sales Manager
ReShape Lifesciences Inc. is America’s premier weight-loss solutions company, offering an integrated portfolio of proven products and services that manage and treat obesity and metabolic disease. Our team is driven by a passion to help patients learn how to make long-term healthy living a part of their everyday lives. Our portfolio includes the FDA-approved Lap-Band® program, the investigational ReShape VestTM System and the recently launched reshapecareTM virtual health coaching program.
Join us as we partner with clinicians to implement our innovative, non-invasive weight loss procedure and one-on-one support that helps inspire patients on their journey towards successful, long-lasting weight loss.
ReShape Lifesciences has a fantastic opportunity for an Area Sales Manager (ASM) to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for account and customer identification and selling of our bariatric portfolio and associated services and solutions. The ASM will coordinate all activities required to integrate the Lap Band System and related products into the hospital, ambulatory surgery center (ASC) and practice and to provide training, guidance and support to the account for post procedure follow up care by allied health employees. The ASM is ultimately responsible for partnering with the account to achieve favorable patient satisfaction at the end of the programs.
A great fit would be someone who thrives in the bariatric space and excels at creating long-lasting relationships with physicians.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify, qualify and close accounts that exceed the minimum requirements as amended from time to time. Assess and consult with physicians regarding developing their practice, expanding their clinical options, and how the practice can benefit economically from incorporating ReShape.
- Demonstrate the ability and motivation to function independently in a territory, self-starter, while also able to work collaboratively with peers to develop best practices, share tactics, team up on significant accounts when needed, and train newly hired peers when asked.
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend and position clinical research data to support the sale of our systems.
- Coordinate account readiness activities including setting up practice PF/marketing, training personnel who receive consumer phone calls, reviewing practice seminar materials and ensuring seminar schedules are set, coordination with purchasing entity to identify information and contacts for ordering, discussing patient financing and complication coverage opportunities, and training of all constituents in the account required to integrate the Lap Band System.
- Coordinate with Clinical Field Specialists to organize in-service training and leverage their clinical capability for issues or technique questions the physician/staff may have.
- Demonstrate superior competency skills with all products to assure a role of leadership with surgeons and Hospital/ASC staff during procedural evaluations and coverage.
- Provide timely and intimate post procedure support with allied health employees.
- Maintain the marketing mix in accounts (price, positioning, etc.). Support and drive Co-Op Advertising initiatives with the Marketing Department.
- Create and execute on plans to achieve annual sales quota and territory growth objectives.
- Meet or exceed assigned quarterly Sales Goals.
- Establish and maintain solid business relationships with all key customers, such as surgeons and hospital/surgery center personnel, and allied health workers within the defined geographic area.
- Travel commitment up to 60% per week, including local and interstate, by car and/or air.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Expert domain knowledge in the bariatric market space is desired
- 5+ years previous medical device sales experience, involving a complex, consultative sales
- Demonstrated ability to launch products in a start-up Medical Device sales environment – identifying, prospecting, qualifying and selecting physicians
- Demonstrated ability to execute marketing initiatives at the field level and implement effective measurements
- Proven track record of success in consistently meeting/exceeding sales objectives
- Strategic Thinking Skills; ability to solve, and interpret problems, process data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Experience in a start-up environment a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Corporate-sponsored virtual team building events
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- FSAs, HSAs, long-term and short-term disability
- 401(k) plan
- Employee assistance plan (EAP)