What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect any information that you provide, whether manually or through a connected device, such as a scale or activity tracker, when you use the Online Services, including when you:
- create an account/profile;
- participate in our community forums and other interactive features;
- enter and/or upload weight (including the automatic electronic transmission of weight when using the Body Trace scale), height, activity information, or dietary information;
- log personal goals;
- change preference settings; or
- otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your photograph;
- contact information such as your email address and phone number;
- your city, state, and country of residence;
- username, password, and other registration information;
- the date of your procedure;
- your gender, date of birth, height, and weight;
- information about your activities, diet, and goals;
- information you provide when you contact us;
- information you provide to enable ReShape Lifesciences to access data stored on third-party devices, applications, and/or online services; and
- any other information you choose to make public on the Online Services (e.g., information you share on our community forums).
Information Automatically Collected From You – We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Online Services, such as your Internet Protocol address, your general geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Online Services, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Online Services, and the search terms you enter on the Online Services. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Online Services, and to improve the Online Services and the services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies”—which are small text files that the Online Services save on your computer using your web browser and access when you return—or similar technologies.
How Do We Use This Information?
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with products, services, or information you request;
- tracking the utilization and effectiveness of our product;
- providing you with reminders, rewards, or other information regarding your use of our product;
- performing studies and publishing white papers, articles, and other materials (provided that we will not identify you individually in any white papers, articles, or other materials that we publish or otherwise make available to third parties);
- delivering marketing communications, product updates, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- providing you with information about the Online Services or required notices;
- customizing your experience when using the Online Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Online Services and providing you with content based on your interests;
- allowing us to improve the Online Services and the products and services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Online Services; and
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Online Services, offline, or elsewhere for any of these purposes.
In addition, we also may use de-identified information for any purpose, including research, studies, and marketing (including marketing to individuals that do not currently use our products).
Under What Circumstances Do We Disclose this Information?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Online Services:
- to our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- to third parties that provide services to us in connection with our business operations and that have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- with respect to information that you choose to make public on the Online Services, to other members of the Online Services (e.g., making available the information you elect to share on our community forums to other users of the community forums);
- to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
In addition, we may share de-identified information with third parties for any purpose. For example, we may share de-identified information with treating providers to inform them of how many of their patients use the ReShape Lifesciences web portal located at ReShapeReady.com/dashboard.
Where Is This Information Processed?
Information collected through the Online Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which, if you are not located in the United States, may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. In addition, we may transfer your information outside the United States to our affiliates, business partners, and service providers located in other countries. By using the Online Services, you consent to such transfer to, and processing in, the United States and these other countries.
How Is Your Information Secured?
We have administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Online Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Online Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
You may access and modify certain of your information by logging into your account and updating your profile.
You may manage your email and text message notification preferences by logging into your account and modifying your notification settings.
The Online Services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
ReShape Lifesciences , Incorporated
100 Calle Iglesia
San Clemente, CA 92672 USA
Results and patient experience may vary.